Question: What Can I Do to Celebrate Earth Day?
There are a number of ways you can celebrate Earth Day and demonstrate your commitment to addressing environmental issues.
Answer: You can honor Earth Day by showing your awareness of environmental issues and by letting others know what they can do to make a difference. Even small actions can have great consequences!
How To Celebrate Earth Day - Ideas
Here are some activities to show you care about the environment. Remember, even if you make a small change, it can make a big difference over time.
- pick up litter
- start a compost bin, at home or at school
- recycle or set up a recycling station
- turn off the water when you brush your teeth
- switch to online bill payments rather than paper bills
- use public transportation
- turn down your water heater
- install energy efficient lights
- plant a tree
- make a pinecone and peanut butter bird feeder
- start a garden, indoors or outside
- make art from "trash" or otherwise re-purpose waste
If you stop to think about it, there are dozens of ways you can lighten your load on the environment and promote a healthy ecosystem.