The Irish are probably one of the most discussed communities. While a lot of jokes have been darted at them, their culture has also given birth to some of the world's most intelligent and truthful proverbs. Here is a set of wise and funny Irish quotes. They bring out the frankness that is the essence of the Irish folk.
9 Witty Irish Proverbs
- Better be quarreling than lonesome.
- You never miss the water till the well has run dry.
- The Irish ignore anything they can't drink or punch.
- Don't talk about a rope in the house of someone whose father was hung.
- Praise the ripe field not the green corn.
- A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.
- Nodding the head does not row the boat.
- Everyone is wise until he speaks.
- A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.